Where did John go from 1760 to 1774?

I found the answer to that question!  John sold all his property in Virgina in 1760 and disappears from  available records in Virginia until 1774.  He is found in May 1760 back in Dublin, Ireland in the Freemasons register.  He is listed in 4 places.  He is last listed on the register in 1768.  I found the source on Ancestry.com.  The Caperton name is found near Carrickfergus on a map of impounding reservoirs.  It was called a Townland. John had joined the Dragoons upon returning to Ireland because Carrickfergus was being threatened by The French and he needed to volunteer to protect his land.  I read some history of the Ulsters and it totally fits with what John did.  I think that once that conflict was settled, the War in the Americas was starting with England and he went back to volunteer in that effort in Virginia. I will be putting together my references and try to figure out how to link them here.https://books.google.com/books?id=5pLRAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA103&lpg=PA103&dq=ulster+volunteers+of+1760&source=bl&ots=zxwMK4I3kV&sig=kV4WIslegUu4VPoy441JfC5W8Qo&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj26b-ume3MAhVs4oMKHakLAZUQ6AEIITAJ

Comments

  1. If you highlight the link, it will go to the page in the book. You can then read the previous pages about the history that came first. Still trying to figure out how to edit this better. Book title is "the history of Ulster from earliest times to the present"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Collaborating with myself about the Clapperton surname!

James Caperton in England